Gardening Education and Excellence in Horticulture since 1932
Our mission has several objectives:
1. Promote horticulture and gardening through education and assist in disseminating gardening knowledge.
2. Coordinate the activities of all member clubs including horticulture shows, fund raising projects, and organization of new clubs.
3. Serve as a liaison organization between our organization and affiliated clubs.
Member clubs are encouraged to use the services available from the Region:
1. Assistance with formation and organization of new clubs.
2. Trained judges for judging club horticulture shows.
3. Training classes for those desiring to become qualified judges.
4. Gardening and horticulture seminars at the annual summer conference and at other meetings.
5. Coordination of cooperative events between member clubs, such as group horticulture shows or seminar meetings.
6. Assistance and interviews for student applications for various horticulture oriented college scholarships. One source of these scholarships is our National organization, TGOA/MGCA.
7. Assistance and suggestions for fund raising projects by member clubs.